I found this recipe today, i have never made it but it just LOOKS SO GOOD i had to repost here for everyone following cookingislife.
- 1 spice cake mix
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup caramel dip
- 1/2 cup caramel dip
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- Combine cake mix, apple sauce, milk, eggs and oil.
- Stir in chopped apples.
- Divide batter between two greased, round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese.
- Add caramel dip, beat until smooth.
- Beat in powdered sugar.
- Fold in whipped topping.
Caramel Apple Mousse Cake
- Allow the cakes to cool before cutting them in half.
- Spread 1/4 of the caramel mousse on each of the 4 layers.
- Spread caramel dip over the top layer of mousse and allow it to drip down the sides. Melt the caramel in the microwave beforehand, if needed.
- Top the cake with toasted pecans.