- 3/4 lb graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups key lime juice
- 2 cups heavy cream, for whipping
- lime slices ( to garnish)
- In a bowl, combine crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter. Press mixture 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick on bottom and sides of 10×2 inch pan. In another bowl,mix condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice. on low speed of mixer until well blender. It should be creamy color and slightly thickened – about 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in 350 degree over 18-24 minutes (pressing surface lightly with finger should leave a mark) Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate 6-8 hours before serving. Remove sides from springform pan. Garnish with shipped cream and fresh lime slices.
- The butter amount is 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon.