- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup (12 ounces/375 g) Maple Syrup
- 1 cup (8 ounces/250 g) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (4 fluid ounces/125 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 Teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of all spice
- 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 pounds (about) spareribs or baby back ribs in slabs
Prepare a fire on the grill. Generously salt and pepper the spareribs on both sides. Place the ribs on the grid, cover the grill. Cook for 30-40 minutes, turning once.
Brush the tops of the ribs with some of the honey mixture, then cover and cook 10 minutes longer. Turn the ribs, brush with a little more sauce, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Total cooking time is between 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from the grill and cut into single-rib pieces. Mound on a warmed platter and pass any remaining sauce at the table.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings