- 2 tsp. unsalted butter, plus more for ramekins
- 1 seeded and diced tomato,
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons of diced extra old cheddar
- 1/4 cup of diced smoked ham
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp. heavy cream
In a bowl, stir together the tomatoes, cilantro,ham and chives, 1/2 tsp. of the salt and 1/2 tsp. of the pepper. Divide evenly among the prepared ramekins. Cut the 2 tsp. butter into small pieces and divide among the ramekins, sprinkling the pieces evenly over the tomato mixture. Break an egg into each ramekin. Season with the remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper, dividing evenly. Drizzle each egg with 1 tsp. of the cream, then add diced cheddar cheese to each ramekin evenly, Arrange the ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake until the egg whites are opaque and the yolks have firm edges and are soft in the center, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately. Serves 4.