Here is a recipe from Argentina for meat this is my version of it, this version is to go with lamb for those who are not fond of the yogurt sauce for the lamb.
- 1 cup fresh parsley and 1cup of cilantro, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3-6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt or sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Pulse the garlic and onion in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the parsley and cilantro, and mint , and pulse briefly, until finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and stir. (Adding the liquids outside of the blender gives the chimichurri the correct texture. You don’t want the herbs to be completely puréed, just finely chopped).
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.